- Crying Child's loading message
The Crying Child is a playable character in "FNAF World". They are one of the only characters who is not an animatronic, with the others being the Paperpals, Coffee, Purple Guy, Scott Cawthon, and Chipper.
The Crying Child seems to be "pixelated" with blocky features. Like from the minigames in the second and third game of the core series, they have black eyes streaming with grey tears. They also have the same crying animation. Their human form is based on the character of the same name in the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 minigames.
|Role In Game|
Because of the fact that it doesn't have damaging attacks, it's recommended that you use it as a support.
- - A white attack that boosts the team's attack for a limited time.
- - A white attack that boosts the team's defense for a limited time.
- - A yellow attack that grants the team an extra life and revives them at full health.
|As Crying Child|
It is recommended to use Gift Boxes first. If you have other characters with Gift Boxes, do Armor or Power Song, especially when your team becomes weak. Pair Crying Child with the Phantoms, as they deal the smallest amount of damage.
|Against Crying Child|
They do not have damaging attacks, so they do not pose a threat on their own. It's recommended to prevent them from attacking (via Jumpscare or Haunting) to keep them from buffing themselves or giving themselves an extra life.
- Crying Child's loading screen quote is in reference to themselves, as they are only ever shown to be crying.
- Since the FNAF 2 Minigames they were introduced in, they have always been shown crying, which explains the word "still".
- The Crying Child is likely one of the victims of the Missing Children Incident, a major event of the Five Nights at Freddy's series.
- When the Crying Child attacks, they briefly flicker into a green-shirted child with blue pants, who has appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 2 and Five nights at Freddy's 3.
- The trophy for the Clock Ending highly resembles Crying Child, but is depicted with arms.
- Unlike most other characters, the Crying Child has an idle animation which appears to be only two frames long. This is a direct reference to their Five Nights at Freddy's 3 sprite, as that sprite only has two frames as well.
- The files show that there are several frames within the animation. This is likely to balance the speed of their idle animation with other animatronics'.
- The same applies to Purple Guy.
- The Crying Child cannot cause any direct damage, however, they are still very useful in battle as they can buff other team members or provide extra lives.
- Their lack of damaging attacks is likely because they're a ghost, and ghosts are usually incoporeal.
- Along with Endo-01, they have 2 white attacks.
- Crying Child is one of four characters that has the Gift Boxes ability, the others being Funtime Foxy, RWQFSFASXC and Coffee.
- As a challenger, the Crying Child's name is shown as "???".